Sunday, July 15, 2018

Tortured For Christ by Richard Wurmbrand



I read books of all types, and I usually stick with fiction because the world is a sad sick place that I believe needs Jesus and lots of love. We watched an interview with Richard Wurmbrand at church a few months ago, so I purchased this Kindle edition and audio book. To be honest the audio was difficult to understand and I did not end up listening to much of this book for that reason, but rather read most of it myself. This book broke me. It never ceases to amaze me what humans are willing to do to one another. We do not demonstrate love, unity and friendship, we hide behind prejudice and hate. This man loved his torturers, and that broke me and rebuilt me. Every once in while you read a book that changes how you live, and how you handle life's difficult situations. This book was one of those life changers for me. It is not for the faint of heart, but if you can stomach the horror this man lived through, I believe it will help you see that no matter how bad things get they can always get worse, and we should always address others with love and respect.

I give Tortured For Christ 5 out of 5 stars

I give the audio 2 out of three stars

No comments:

Post a Comment