Saturday, July 21, 2018

Freeks by Amanda Hocking



After reading the Trylle series I wanted to read more by Amanda Hocking, so I was so excited when this novel was released. If you enjoyed Caraval, or The Night Circus, you will enjoy Freeks. The novel is a standalone, and I liked that. After reading several series in a row I was ready for a good book that did not require days or weeks commitment. This book explores the bond  created when our friends become our family. The protagonist was well created and formed. There were several supporting characters and they too were well developed. There is a love interest, hello Young Adult read, but it does not dominate the plot.  The book was not a heavy read, but it does have lots of fun, paranormal powers and circus acts! I did purchase the audiobook and enjoyed the audio. I switched back and forth between the audio and the hardncopy of the novel. A couple of times I preferred the voices I created in my head, but overall the audio was okay,

I give Freeks 4 out of 5 stars.
I give the audio version of the book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment