Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

NARNIA...the land beyond the wardrobe, the secret country known only to Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy...the place where the adventure begins. Lucy is the first to find the secret of the wardrobe in the professor's mysterious old house. 

This is my favorite book of all time. This book was introduced to me by my 5th grade teacher and I have literally reread it every year since I was in the 5th grade. I now read this book with my own three children who love Narnia almost as much as I do. If you are an educator and you want to draw your older elementary students into the world of books this book has it all, magic, good and evil, action, adventure, mystery, myth, legend, and so much more! The book lends itself so well to teaching so many different aspects of literature. It can be used to teach figurative language, allegory, myths, and even history. It is a beautiful little novel and in my opinion one every family and classroom needs a copy of. Yes, I recommend the entire series, but if you do not want to commit to that much reading then please do your child's imagination a favor, turn off the tv, unplug the playstation, and step into the wardrobe. 

I give The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, 5 out of 5 stars
I give the audio performance 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment