Saturday, July 21, 2018

ARC Review Lipstick Voodoo by Kristi Charish


On our recent vacation to the North Carolina mountains I needed a good read. I had requested this little beauty on Netgalley and it came through. This is an ARC review of a fun book.  I could not hike mountains  with my family, due to recent surgery, and it was just fine with me because this book kept me company. The author drew me in very quickly. I read a lot so I am accustomed to most types of magic, fantasy, supernatural and just plain extraordinary, but the world this author built was unexpected and kept even me guessing. I liked that I could not predict the ending, heck I had trouble predicting what was going to happen in the next chapter. You have to understand this is highly unusual. I can usually tease out a story-line by chapter 3 or 4. I really enjoyed reading the book. The main character was well developed as was her "best friend". The others were a little flat. I wanted to know more especially about certain characters. I am hoping Ms. Charish purposely left out some of these details so she can follow up with a sequel, which I would look forward to reading.  I think any fantasy reader would enjoy reading this little gem.

I give Lipstick Voodoo 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment