Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco



The first thing about this book that caught my attention was the gorgeous cover. It is unique and absolutely lovely! Then I read the summary and I was trapped. So much is going on in this book. The author very skillfully creates a world revolving around Asian magic and intricacies. The plot unfolds a little slowly for my taste, but I could easily follow the change from present to past tense and back as the main character relays her story. The love story was not the central element in this book, but was evident enough to pique the readers curiosity. The world building is done expertly. The magic system is original and eloquent.  All in all this was an intriguing read and I look forward to the sequel. I do warn the reader this book is a bit dark, but not overly so. I also enjoyed the audio version of this book.

I give the Bone Collector 4 out of 5 Stars
I give the audio version 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment