Saturday, July 21, 2018


Book 3 in the Red Rising Trilogy is another breath-taker. This author is cruel and a genius. I have a rule about reading books that make me cry, but I get so absorbed in this book, I feel everything along with Darrow, His excitement, fear, losses, disappointments, and hopes all hit me hard. Did I mention Pierce Brown is a genius? No, this was not an emotional, mushy book; however the action and the honest openness of the protagonist  make it impossible not to get emotionally involved. Like all the books in this series this book has awesome world building and the characters are crafted  so realistically that you feel like you actually know them. I have people in my life I can associate with each one. They are in no way stereotypical, but complex and deep  and ever evolving, the way real real life people are. Hands down this is one of the absolute best books I have ever read. The book ended well tied up and could have easily ended the series, but imagine my surprise when Iron Gold was announced.  Have not read it yet, but i have already purchased it. I did purchase the audio version of Morning Star and like its predecessors it is amazing.

I give 5 out of 5 stars for Morning Star
I give 5 out of 5 stars for the audio rendition of Morning Star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment