Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden



I did not know what I was getting when I picked up this novel, but it had a beautiful cover that intrigued me. I have always loves stories and as I am unfamiliar with Russian fairy tales this book sucked me in from the start! I was as engrossed by the storytelling as the children in the novel. It also mixes in just enough Slavic historical fiction to really accentuate the world building. I learned it is never a good idea to anger the spirits! The writing was so descriptive that I  could actually feel the cold biting at me as I read this little book (even in the heat of a southern summer). The cliffhanger of an ending left me needing more!!! I look forward to the sequel. 

I did purchase this book in paperback and audio format. The audio was stunning!

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment