Saturday, July 21, 2018

Books and eye issues

I love having this blog. It is off to a good start. I was always amazed at the idea of people actually having a place to share their thoughts on a subject with others, around the globe, who share similar interests. This blog has been something I have wanted to work on for years, but again, I have little talent for creating electronic pages and sites. I also suffer from a second problem, I have horrible vision. As you read my posts you may wonder why I purchase the hard copy and audio versions of so many books. It seems redundant right? Well, like most of you I love the smell and feel of an actual book, but I also have an eye condition that causes me to see double of everything. This makes reading difficult and even extremely painful. I do have glasses, and had surgery once as a child, but it is still easier to switch back and forth between the audio and the hard copy. I do also use an e-reader, this allows me to modify text, but the problem remains that I have to put in a lot of focusing effort to see just one image on the page.  I do have a referral with UMSC in Charleston to see a surgeon specializing in my condition this month, but they are not even sure if they can help me. We shall see. I can hope. So as this site progresses (hopefully) please be understanding. I will post often, but there will be lots of posts with the audio and hard copy review. If you have a book you want reviewed I will be glad to check into it. Do any of you have vision problems? What do you do to allow you to enjoy books when the headaches, migraines, or vision issues get in the way? Would you continue to purchase the hard copies or just stick to the audio versions?

Thanks,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment