Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Martian by Andy Weir


I read The Martian after reading Artemis by Andy Weir, so I was not expecting much. Boy was I wrong. This book was so much better than Artemis. I absolutely lost track of everything I was supposed to be doing and read this entire novel in a single afternoon!! I so wanted, no needed to know what was going to happen next. It had me hooked from page 1. If you like science fiction or even just science at all this book is amazing. If you do not care about science, you will still enjoy the survival aspects and human condition aspects of this book. I held my breath so many times as I was reading it, and when I finished it I purchased the audio version, just so I could hear it all over again and wow do yourself a favor and splurge! Get them both! Read the words while listening to this audio. Hear the reader evoke the emotions Mark must be feeling as he is stranded on Mars, wondering if he will ever see another human again. This book was fantastic and the plot was astounding. The main character was realistic and deep. No flat stereotype here. As for the world building, what can I say, life on Mars? I do not like to read critic reviews until after I read the book, but I have to agree with all the positive reviews out there, Weir created a masterpiece with this one.

 5 out of 5 stars for The Martian
5 out of 5 stars for the Audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment