Sunday, July 15, 2018

Red Rising by Pierce Brown



Move over Star Trek and Star Wars fans, The Red Rising series may be the next big thing in Science Fiction. I read this book when it first released, and reread it each time a sequel was released. I love the dynamics and creativity held within the pages of this book. It is amazing to watch the lowly red "climb so high" and watch the protagonist evolve. Characters in this book are well developed. They have so many issues, political, family, physical, and emotional to contend with and it is all handled cohesively and seamlessly. I found myself weeping with Darrow, cheering for him, and even angry with him at times. I always get caught up in the moment when I am reading but this book, and series, sucked me in and I did not want to be released. I loved the audio version of this book. The reader's intonations perfectly mirrored the emotional state of the characters making the performance one of the best I have ever enjoyed.

I give Red Rising 5++ out of 5 stars
I give the audio 5++ out of 5 stars as well

No comments:

Post a Comment