Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mind's Eye by Douglas E. Richards


When Nick Hall wakes up in a dumpster--bloodied, without a memory, and hearing voices in his head--he knows things are bad. But they're about to get far worse. Because he's being hunted by a team of relentless assassins. Soon Hall discovers that advanced electronics have been implanted in his brain, and he now has two astonishing abilities. He can surf the web using thoughts alone. And he can read minds. But who inserted the implants? And why? And why is someone so desperate to kill him?

This novel took me away from my normal fantasy and paranormal reads, but I really enjoyed the sci-fi and action adventure story. It was a constant action adventure that kept me guessing and really had me enamored with the characters. The book was suspenseful and had edge of your seat drama throughout the book, with just enough science based fact to keep this biology major interested. (I really hate unrealistic, flowery science lets keep it within the realm of reasonable). There were some pretty cool tech ideas and of course a military chase. As Nick is running for his life he decides to determine what happened to him, who did it to him, and how to get even. Awesome book!! My first in this genre but I will read more. As a matter of fact I read the sequel and it was amazing too. Watch for its review to post soon. 

I give Mind's Eye 5 out of 5 stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment