Friday, August 24, 2018

Choices

WOW!
 I do not know if there is anything busier than a teacher on the first day with students. Today has been so crazy. I cannot wait until I get home to a hot bath and my books! I am trying to decide on a new book to read. I have several in my TBR pile and its always exciting ad intimidating to make a new selection. New choices are often difficult. I saw many of my students today struggling with decisions. Some were trying to decide if speaking up in class was worth the effort if they were going to make themselves a target for ridicule. I do not take to this well and try to create an environment of equality in my classroom. Others were trying to choose where to sit at lunch, and new student even struggled with what to choose for lunch, not knowing if the food was good or if they should opt for the safer salad line. Even as teachers we ha choices to make, do I want to use a seating chart, which student can I call on, what has to be done today and what can I put off until tomorrow? With so many choices in our day selecting a book seems like a privilege, because no matter which I pick I am in for an adventure. That makes selecting a good book the no lose option for this busy mom and school teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment